North East Newmarket Veterinary Services (The Holistic Vet) is recruiting for a full-time Veterinary Administrator to support our environment. We are seeking a customer-focused professional with exceptional communication skills and a positive attitude to help coordinate a busy owner-managed veterinary clinic.
- Manage the flow of customers and clients through the clinic
- Respond to telephone and email requests from clients and other staff
- Book client appointments
- Update client information on internal database
- Manage Insurance claims
- Coordinate with other staff to ensure exceptional delivery of service
- Other administrative duties as required
- Veterinary Office Administration experience is an asset
- Self-starter that is good with pets
- Exceptional client service skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills
- Experience with Avimark system, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook is an asset
- Interest in alternative and holistic medicine
- Sound knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Excellent opportunity for training in the holistic field
- Applicant should have an interest in promoting a healthy lifestyle
This role has extensive face-to-face interaction with clients and clinicians so similar experience is an asset. The role is well suited to candidates with veterinary office experience, strong organization skills, an ability to prioritize and work independently, and experience working with multi-disciplinary teams and Veterinarians.
This is a full-time position working approximately 35 hours/week. The general hours are 9am-5pm. There may be some weekend availability required to support the team. The role reports directly to the lead veterinarian and office manager.
The position offers a negotiable compensation and ability to expand knowledge in a busy, relaxed and healthy environment.
Please forward resumes and references to the attention of John Holman (email@example.com).