O pen since June 21, 2002, North-East Newmarket Veterinary Services is an accredited veterinary office for companion animals that focuses on holistic veterinary care.
North-East Vet (for short) is a small, peaceful and welcoming outpatient office. A quiet environment, friendly staff, soothing music, and essential oils create a safe and relaxing atmosphere for animals and their human companions. Owners are welcome to use our spacious backyard to sit or walk their pet, with stoop and scoop bags provided for your convenience.
The focus of our veterinary practice is to help companion animals attain and maintain optimal health. Nutrition and natural therapies and modalities are used to support detoxification and achieve a state of balance. The result is true healing, and the disappearance of symptoms is the natural outcome.
As North-East Vet is strictly an outpatient office focusing on naturopathic veterinary care, patients requiring surgery, anesthesia, ultrasound, x-rays, electrocardiograms, and other in-hospital procedures are referred back to the animal's conventional veterinarian or to Davis Drive Animal Clinic, a nearby full service hospital where we can supervise care and prescribe natural remedies for administration during hospitalization.
Services & Modalities
- Detailed case history and physical examination.
- Diagnostic aids: blood tests, urine analysis, fecal analysis, sent to IDEXX laboratory. Electro-dermal screening for food and environmental sensitivities, environmental allergies, and organ balancing. Heavy metal testing through hair analysis and stool tests through Doctors Data.
Bioregulatory Medicine (homotoxicology)
Bach Flower Remedies
Intra-venous fluid therapy
Nutritional ResponseTesting (NRT) / Matrix Repatterning (www.MatrixRepatterning.com)
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma Therapy)
What to bring to your First Appointment:
- Any existing veterinary records or other pertinent information such as registration, family history, breed history etc.
- Samples of all the food and treats your pet eats.
- Any medication or supplements your pet is, or has been, taking.
- Any suspected allergen or toxic material to which your pet may have been exposed.
We are available for consultations for:
- Existing patients.
- Consultations for new patients not requiring a prescription.
- Licensed veterinarians seeking assistance with one of their patients.